What is MOT?
The MOT test is carried out annually to ensure vehicle safety, roadworthiness and reduce exhaust emissions. It is mandatory in the UK for every vehicle with a current life period of three years and more. It involves a thorough check of your cars so that it is fit to meet the environmental and road safety standards.
Why is it necessary?
The Ministry of Transport Tests or MOT plays a vital role in your UK car ownership. A mechanic checks your vehicle and ensures that it isn’t producing any excessive exhaust emissions. It reduces the harmful impact of vehicle emissions on the environment and promotes your safety. If you have a new car, it won’t need an MOT test.
It is a legal requirement to ensure that your vehicle is safe to drive and reduces the risk of breakdowns or accidents. If you are caught driving a car without a valid MOT certificate, you will be fined.
How long does it take?
It usually takes around 45-60 minutes to get your MOT done. However, if your vehicle fails the MOT check, it will take longer as repairs are to be done. You can wait while your car is getting checked for MOT.
How is it done?
MOT Testing in Brighton involves a series of checks on your vehicle, including:
● The condition of lights, horn, battery, electrical wiring, brake lights, indicators, and rear fog lights are tested.
● Steering, brakes, suspension bars, road wheels and tyres, seat belts, registration plates, VIN, speedometer are checked.
● The exhaust, emissions and fuel system of your vehicle are placed under scrutiny.
● Mirrors, wipers and windscreen are also checked.
● However, it does include the gearbox, clutch and engine.
Rapid Auto Centre facilitates class 4 MOT Testing in Brighton and provides advice or onsite repairs in case your car fails the test. They have highly qualified mechanics and top-class equipment to check your vehicle for MOT thoroughly. They ensure that your vehicle is safe, secure, in good condition and doesn’t suffer from any significant leakage.