Vehicles produce a large quantity of carbon monoxide. Since you can’t smell or feel this gas, the risk associated with the damage is high. Always during car servicing Hove, make sure you check the exhaust system of your car. A good exhaust system in working condition reduces the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning within the car.
If you ignore the same, you might not even notice when your car gradually gets filled up with this gas. It causes severe and instant damage to the brain, causing death.
Tips to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning in cars
Good working exhaust system
Whenever you take your car for servicing, ask the repair agent to check the exhaust system. Any leaks will fill up the car with carbon monoxide. Hence always make sure that the exhaust system is in perfect working condition. Change or make necessary repairs if you need. Don’t neglect and invite danger.
Discard old models
Older models stores more carbon monoxide compared to the new ones. Hence, keeping a car for more than 10 years is not a feasible decision; it might seem economically a viable decision; however, tuning up is required from time to time if you’re using an old model.
Repair holes in the beater
If there are holes in the undercarriage of your car, repair it immediately to prevent the gas from entering the car. You might not notice, but the gas will enter even while you’re waiting for the traffic to get cleared up. Replace the old beater if necessary.
Carefully run your car
Be careful where you decide to run your car’s engine. Many people prefer doing the same within the enclosed garage premises. Please note that this is a dangerous practice and must be avoided at all costs. Within enclosed premises with windows rolled up, when you run the car, carbon monoxide fills in. Then you’ll stand a high risk of poisoning.
For a wide range of garage services, choose Rapid Auto Centre. We have a range of customer care services at the most affordable rates. Our highly skilled mechanics will check your exhaust system and effectively mark your car as safe. Contact us for more details.